viernes, 15 de agosto de 2014

my first teaching practicum first period second term

Well my first teaching practicum for this term was in advanced level, i felt really enthusiastic because it was my first experience with guys that are in advanced level l, they were around twenty five students, I began my class introducing myself after that we interact to each other and I asked some questions about them, they looked confortable with me, they participate in my class and they response every single question that I asked them after that I had to introduce  a new topic wich was noun clauses, i had to teach noun clauses as a subject, as a direct object ,as an indirect object, as a subject complement, and as an object of a preposition, i felt nervous because i think explain grammar is so hard and ia your reaponsability that your students understand what you are explaining, after explained the topic I gave them some examples and some exercises but I noticed that the topic was kind of     difficult to understand for some of them for that reason i decided to gave them more examples in order they got the ideas better. The time was really short for me because I had to spent more time explaing the topic and I could not finish the activities that I had to do. At the end of the class they did aome exampkes in their notebooks and I checked some of them. The experience was really nice because students participate a lot and i felt really good with their behaviour and attitud.

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Mildred, you say that you started your class by introducing yourself because it was your first teaching class, and let me tell you that I did the same since we cannot start the class without telling the students at least our names, so you explained a new topic that was noun clauses, but I consider that grammar is kind of boring for the students; therefore, it is good that we as teachers be creative at the moment of teaching grammar points, I had to teach grammar, too, and I saw that the students had some doubts, so in the moment, I had to invent another activity apart from the ones that I had prepared. And when I finished my first teaching class, the teacher told me that I was too nervous like you. So I think that many teachers improvise when they consider it necessary, and don't worry Mildred; you have to control your nerves, and you’ll see that the next time will be better.

    ResponderEliminar