This day I faced a new experience with students from English Access, at the begining I felt nervous because they are teenagers! I knew that working with teens was really different because you have to be more enthusiastic, more active and of course you have to interact with all of your students.
I started my class playing a gane named rock,paper and scissors, I did this activity like a warm up, after that I continued my class explaining something about "would rather" I gave them some examples in order to they understand better students paid attention to me all the time and they asked many questions when they did not understand something.
I brought some exercises in which they had to use " would rather" and "prefer" after they finished the exercise they shared their ideas.
I did another activity in which I brought some balls thet had to throw to a red circle that I sticked on the board and aftet they did it they had to picked up one ball, inside of each ball there was a question related with te topic and they had to answer that question with their information.
I finished my class doing the activity and when I noticed that my classmates were confortable with my class I felt less nervous.
Hi Mildred: I worked with the students from English Access the previous semester, too; and there are many students in each classroom, so teachers must be very enthusiastic and dynamic with them as you say, but those students respect you while you explain something. I read that you developed many activities in class such as the ball activity, in which students answered some questions, but I think that they understood your class because they participated and practiced at the same time.
ResponderEliminar